Thursday, March 6, 2008

I've always said I wasn't crazy...

...now maybe everyone will believe me! They have now classified all our new mom brain issues...read all about it!

Postpartum changes may bring on ‘momnesia’
Coping usually takes a few adjustments — plus, a sense of humor helps!
By Mike Celizic

There’s probably not a new mother alive who can’t identify and share a smile with Andi Silverman’s stories of memory lapses. Like the time she went shopping and left her groceries in the store. Or when she went on vacation with her two small children and forgot the diapers.
With two toddler sons, Nate, 3, and Teddy, 2, commanding her total attention, this kind of forgetfulness is to be expected, say medical experts. They even have a name for it — “momnesia.”
“It’s a state of the female brain that is a bit forgetful after she’s had a baby,” Dr. Louann Brizendine told TODAY correspondent Savannah Guthrie.
The author of the book “The Female Brain,” Brizendine said that the condition is brought on by the wildly fluctuating flood of hormones that accompanies pregnancy, childbirth and breast-feeding.
“It alters brain chemistry,” she said. “All these hormones are in a stew in the brain that are changing the way a mother focuses.”


Read the rest at:
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23501326/

1 comment:

AllTheHayes said...

AMEN!!! Wish I could have coined the phrase....From the above blog I am sorry your house is so sickly. Hope they get better soon.