Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last Day of School

Today was Drew's last day of preschool...it was so sad for me! Drew had a wonderful year with Ms Gina and Ms Julie. I can't thank them enough for giving Drew an amazing year of learning and growing emotionally, spiritually and socially. They were amazing! We have a fabulous collection of artwork, most of which includes either a hand print or thumbprint and is laminated so it will keep for years to come! I could always count on them to help Drew with the morning transition (which got more difficult the more Daddy traveled) by immediately taking his mind off the drop off and distracting him with anything train orriented. Drew was not the only train obsessed kid in the class, though I would bet he ranked pretty high! They not only accepted the kids' fascination with trains, but they incorporated it into their classroom as they could. There were Thomas books and trains in his room ("big Thomas" as Drew referred to him - a push and go version) and they let us know if they saw a train on the playground each day. They even made a Thomas in art one day - it is adorable!
Drew was not into the photo taking thing today...oh well...I really wanted to get a shot of him to compare to the first day!

Headed to school...on last time...

Drew's classroom and Ms Gina

No comments: