Friday afternoon we had Allen's birthday party at the train park. Last year Drew had his party there, but it was a "do it yourself" party in one of the park ramadas. This year both boys want their parties there so we decided to do the organized parties that they offer. We were in the "Birthday Party Railroad Car" which is a converted Pullman coach (with air conditioning!) so that was exciting all on its own. We had two party organizers who led the kids in games on the lawn, set up for birthday cake inside the car, and took the kids on the train and carousel. Allen even got to sit in the engine and have his picture made! It was definitely simple and perfect for a bunch of 3-year olds!
Even though the party was at the train park, Allen decided he wanted a Mickey Mouse theme. He gave specific instructions for the cake - it was to have Toodles, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Clarabelle and Pete. We managed to fulfill all requests except Clarabelle and Pete but I don't think he noticed! Patrick made his cake again this year and I think it was his best yet. It was very detailed and tasted great!

Allen loved his party and was so excited to have his friends there. As each one arrived he went out to say hello and would yell "Happy Birthday!" usually followed by "is that my present?!"...I guess we need to work on that side of things! He was also really good about saying "thank you" to everyone as they left. He was very proud that it was "his own birthday party" and I think it was everything he had hoped for!
1 comment:
I think that is hilarious that he wanted Clarabelle and Pete. Those are such side characters yet they are the ones that SH talks about the most!
I'm loving the train theme. I've got to figure out today what to do for a party. Blahhhhhhh.
Post a Comment