We have had a busy week. Allen had his one month check up on Tuesday (yes, he is actually that old already!) and is growing like crazy. He was 11 lb 5 oz (95%) and 22 inches (75%) and his head was 75% too (don't remember the measurement). So he is growing right on track. He is having some issues with returning some of his meals so we are undergoing the great formula switch. We started a new one on Tuesday afternoon (Enfamil Gentlease) and it seemed to make things worse. So this morning we started another one (Enfamil AR) that supposedly will help reduce the spit up. He screams if you lay him down to soon after feeding him, so I'm guessing it's true reflux. It makes for a long feeding session though! I broke out the Baby Bjorn on Tuesday and have used it a little every day so I can continue to function while holding him upright. He is having more periods of awake time and his nights are getting a little longer. Thursday night he slept 7 1/2 hours! It's not happening every night, but I'll take what I can get.
Patrick was out of town for most of this week so the boys had to put up with just me for a few days. It was hard, but we made it through. On Thursday, Patrick flew from Kansas City to Asheville for a meeting and I drove over with Allen for the night. It was nice to get away and enjoy a wonderful hotel (The Inn at Biltmore), a fabulous (and free!) dinner, and some adult conversation. Luckily Allen is still at that stage where you can tote him along and he just sleeps in his carrier. He was a really good boy and he loved the car ride. I was able to see Cary, a sorority sister and friend from college, on Friday morning. It was great to see her and catch up on her new life in Asheville.
Drew got to spend Thursday and Friday with Nana and Grandaddy and had a blast. When my dad called us Friday evening, he said "I think we have a problem." Drew did not want to come home - he was in the background saying "No go home - stay at Nana's house! Play trains!" It was cute. He did come home and was excited to see his trains. He didn't really care too much about Mommy, Daddy and Allen. But he is two so what can you do?!
Patrick travels tomorrow and returns Tuesday evening so we'll have some more Mommy time this week. We'll be getting ready for some special guests scheduled to arrive on Wednesday - Auntie Maggie and Uncle Jim are headed down from Indianapolis for Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to seeing them and spending some time together. And we're excited to see Maggie's belly...she is almost 19 weeks pregnant! Granted, she still looks the same, but I'm determined to find a belly in there somewhere!
Have a great week!!
2 comments:
Great report on all your boys! I can't wait to get all these boys together one day soon. Love,Colin
I'm so glad I got to see you and Allen! Come back soon with Drew. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love, Cary
Post a Comment