...or so the saying goes. And I guess I have learned that it is true. When we moved "home" in March 2006, I knew it was only temporary. Patrick's job allowed us to make the move and for us to be in a near perfect situation - living so close to my family, little to no travel for him, back in familiar surroundings, back in the south... I knew it wasn't forever and I knew we would be off again at some point...I just didn't think it would be so soon!
Patrick has been offered a position (still with the same company) on a major project in Arizona. It is a 2-4 year contract where he will be working with a great hospital in a role he loves. The contract is brand new so he gets to be involved from the beginning instead of cleaning up messes as he has done in the past. It is quite an honor for him and he is very excited about the opportunity. I am so proud of him and so glad his company has recognized his hard work and effort and given him a chance to prove himself further. I just wish it wasn't so darn far away!
Patrick and I went to Scottsdale last Thursday for marathon house hunting and preschool searching. Unfortunately, preschools register in February for the next school year, so we have to get an idea of where we might live now and find a place we feel comfortable for Drew. The trip was long, but moderately successful. I feel confident we can find a place to call home, at least for a few years.
The range of emotions I feel right now is indescribable...
1 comment:
I'm in total denial about this. So happy for Patrick but so sad about missing you all. :(
Post a Comment