Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The First Casualty of Brotherhood...

Tonight we had the Great Dump Truck Incident of 2008. Drew was running his big metal dump truck up and down the hall, chasing Maddie in and out of the playroom, like he does multiple times a day. However, Allen decided he wanted in the middle of the game and was crawling after Drew as best he could. He finally stopped in the door and Drew was going around him. We had just said to him "watch out for Allen's fingers!" when he rolled right over them...and crashed the corner of the truck into Allen's face...right below his left eye. There was lots of crying (more because it scared Allen than hurt) and there is a small puncture under his eye. It looks pretty purple already...I'm sure there will be a nice black eye tomorrow! (I'll try to post a photo if I remember.) Drew knew he had done something wrong...he went straight over to the couch and sat really still. I explained to him what happened and why we need to be extra careful when Allen is on the floor. We'll see if it sticks!

On a lighter note, after bath time tonight, I was getting Drew dressed and ready for bed. He noticed his fingers were "all wrinkly". He spent the next 15 minutes not touching anything with his hands except for trying to "wipe it off" on his pj pants. He kept saying "what happened to my fingers? I can't get it off!" It was so funny! I told him he just stayed in the bath too long and that they would get back to normal soon. He didn't really believe me until we had finished our book and he was going to sleep. He looked down and said "look Mommy, you're right! They are only a little wrinkled now!"

1 comment:

Mommy of Tyler and Chase said...

So good to hear the procedure went well! I think we have a boo boo to match Allen's. Chase is Tyler's favorite toy these days:) Colin